Wednesday, February 27, 2008

A Better Day...

Yesterday’s post was pretty glum, but today is a better day! From the moment I picked Blake up, the evening was good. He was polite, respectful and cooperative. He took care of things and respected the limits I put out for TV/Computer time. Tyler was in a good mood and we worked through his math trying desperately to figure out his word problems… ugh…

Steve slept most of the evening. He was awake long enough to drink, eat some noodle soup, and let me check his temperature. The thermometer didn’t read very high, but he was burning up… I think it’s time to replace my digital thermometer. The boys and I ate dinner and then went to the gym for a while. They climbed the rock-wall. Then Tyler and his friend went to the bicycles and Blake went to the weights. We really didn’t have time once we were home to continue reading “Wild at Heart,” plus Steve was sleeping, so Tyler read our devotional and Blake prayed for us. Tyler did an excellent job reading and Blake’s prayer was short, simple, and eloquent. It was a nice ending to a nice evening.

Tyler and I spent some time talking and singing to help him wind down. We attempted to sing “The Rose” in honor of his Aunt Katie, but neither one of us could remember all the words… but we did remember the words to “I’ll Be Here,” “You Are My Pillow,” and some other Tyler favorites! Once Tyler was situated, I went to check on Blake. He was bunked down, covers up to his chin, with a package of crackers. The stinkin kid never stops eating and he’s skinny as a bean pole! He’s definitely going through another growing spurt! Thirteen and he’s past the 5’9 mark… and Tyler’s measuring taller than Blake did at eleven… I may need a second job just to buy groceries!!!

The positive energy continued into this morning. Everyone was able to get up and around and out the door without complaining, fighting, grumping, etc. Steve still wasn’t feeling well. He attempted to get up and around, but looked absolutely miserable. He said his entire body hurts. He supposed to try and get into the doctor today.

I drove Steve’s truck into work today. My driver-side windshield wiper needs to be replaced. Anyway… on the way to the gym last night, Blake had put in the “Red” cd, a Christian rock band. The song “Pieces” was playing. I kept replaying the song all the way to work. It was speaking to me. Yesterday I felt like I was in pieces and I felt a long way away from what keeps me centered. After a good evening with my boys and some quiet time and prayer time… I’m starting to feel whole again.

I'm here again - A thousand miles away from you - A broken mess, just scattered pieces of who I am - I tried so hard - Thought I could do this on my own - I've lost so much along the way

Then I'll see your face - I know I'm finally yours - I find everything I thought I lost before - You call my name - I come to you in pieces - So you can make me whole

I've come undone - But you make sense of who I am - Like puzzle pieces in your eye

Then I'll see your face - I know I'm finally yours - I find everything I thought I lost before - You call my name - I come to you in pieces - So you can make me whole!

No comments: