Friday, February 29, 2008

Windshield Wipers and Happiness…

I don’t think I’ve ever been so excited about windshield wipers!

We had some intense weather Monday afternoon. When I left the office around 4:30 PM my windows were covered with ice. I gave the van some time to warm up and then pulled out my handy-dandy ice scraper. I hit the main spots, got back in and turned on the windshield wipers to clear the remaining ice and remove the ice/snow/rain mix falling from the sky. My driver’s side windshield wiper pulled apart like a mozzarella cheese stick! I guess a portion of it had somehow re-frozen to the glass??? This, obviously, is not the happiness part…

Tuesday Steve drove the van so he could replace my windshield wipers. Let me just tell you… I have decided paying a little more for windshield wipers is well worth it! We’ve generally gotten the inexpensive ones. They did the job and I had no complaints. But now that I’ve had access to these babies, there’s no turning back!

They form to the glass and move ever so effortlessly back and forth. Each time it’s as if the windows have just been squeegeed and wiped clean! It’s a thing of beauty, I tell you! A thing of beauty! It doesn’t matter if you have a lot of moisture or minimal amount of moisture, your windshield looks beautiful!!! No streaking! And the noise level is minimal. No squeaking! Simply wonderful!

Happy Friday Everyone!!!

No comments: