Monday, March 3, 2008

Quick Trip

We finally made it back to OKC!!! It was a quick trip; we were in OKC for about 34 hours, but we tried to make the most of the time we had!

I woke up Saturday morning to the sound of squirrels in the attic. I had a little quiet time to visit with my mom and dad. Then we rallied the troops and headed to my grandparents’ for brunch. It was a beautiful morning and my favorite part was having everyone out front in the sunshine talking, laughing and watching the boys and my nieces goofing around!

Mid-afternoon some of the boys’ friends came to my parent’s house. It was great of my parents to open their home. Later, we attended the NW Life Church 5:00 service. It felt good to walk through the doors! I tried to soak up everything I could; the service, the worship, sitting next to my mom, seeing familiar faces, talking with friends, watching the boys interact with their friends and leaders... it was wonderful! (I loved the expression on Anna’s face and the hug she gave me!)

After church, it was like we'd never left... we drove two of Blake’s friends home and acquired a stow-away. One of Blake's friends stayed with us the rest of the evening. We made a quick trip to see some friends and then returned to my parents' house to spend more time with family and friends.

We didn’t quite make it everywhere and see everyone… but there are more trips to OKC in our future! :)

1 comment:

Anna Meadows said...

It was so great to see you this weekend! I'm glad to have your blog site!

Thank you for your comment on my post... I would agree, doubt and worry can be addictions... I hope and pray I learn to be addicted to Jesus... that's the only healthy addiction!