Thursday, February 28, 2008

Colds and Flu and Darth Vader… Oh My…

Our house has been hit hard this winter. I’m not sure if it’s the move and the fact all of us are trying to acclimate to the different strains and varieties here, or if it's the difference in climate and humidity??? Whatever it is, we're ready to be done. We’ve had a couple of different varieties of viruses come through our household and even received a pleasant, thankfully short lived, visit from the flu (which prevented a trip to OKC).

Steve and Blake seem to be taking the worst of it.

Steve has been home sick most of this week, with what he thought was some type of stomach bug. I’m thinking it’s something closer to an influenza bug. He tried to go to work today and his boss sent him home!

Blake ran home yesterday to take medicine between school and practice. I learned this when I got home after attempting to pick him up from practice and learning he'd walked home a little early. When I got home, his cheeks were warm and rosy, he was hoarse, raspy and seemed to be having a hard time breathing. By seven o’clock he had a temperature and was sounding more and more like Darth Vader. I’d have thought he was putting on a pretty good act, but he sounded even worse in his sleep! We took him to the doctor and were told us he has “adult onset croup.” It’s viral, no medicine prescribed, and it should take 5-9 days to run it’s course. Bummer…

Tyler was suffering from tired-itis this morning, but other than that seems to be doing okay. I’m feeling pretty good and trying to make sure everyone’s taking their vitamins and drinking plenty of fluids!

We’re supposed to once again attempt a trip to OKC this weekend. I’ve assured my momma we will be there unless someone is just absolutely beyond traveling!!! I’m hopeful the “force will be with us.” ;)

Prayers graciously accepted.

No comments: