Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Eyebrows...




It’s an interesting feature - eyebrows. They can really affect the way a person looks, how a person’s emotions and reactions are perceived. They come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. Some people let them grow freely, some keep them neat and trim, some wax, some pluck, some change the color, some draw them on and some even get eyebrow tattoos!

I’ve always had decent eyebrows. Fairly low maintenance, good color and they seem to work well with my eyes and face… but as I get older they continue to grow in various directions; up, out, under… it’s led to a necessary relationship with an eyebrow wax professional.

This past weekend I was severely overdue with no appointment and my eyebrow professional had no availability. I’d plucked and snipped but there was no getting around it, I needed help. I probably could have waited another couple of days, but it was making me crazy! So I packed myself up and headed out to try someone new.

I explained I didn’t like them too thin or too short. I even demonstrated the desired look. Explained I really just needed help cleaning them up a bit. Well… she cleaned them up alright!

Take a standard size post-it note and fold it in half. The short side is the current length of my eyebrows. You may think it’s not that bad and I’ve seen other women with similar eyebrows, but I look absolutely ridiculous!!! Right at the point where my eyebrows should start to arc back down - they stop. It's to the point I’m considering purchasing some fake brows to paste along with the ones I’ve still got. And don’t suggest adding to them with a brow pencil! Penciling in the part that’s missing looks worse than leaving them as they are!

I know they’ll grow back eventually. Can I just tell you, I literally jump every time I see myself in the mirror. Maybe it's time to cut some long bangs or something!

Wow! All this from eyebrows…

No comments: